This policy explains why we request personal information, how you can give or refuse your consent, what information we request, and who else may have access to it.
This website is managed by HiPP UK Ltd and its agents for the use of healthcare professionals within the UK.
Why do we request personal information?
- The main reason for collecting, processing and storing your personal information is to be able to provide you with the services you have requested. These services could include information, literature packs, bulletins, surveys and competitions.
- Personal information will be collected and stored by HiPP UK Ltd or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To directly provide the services you have requested.
- To enable third parties to process and manage your information to enable us to provide the services you have requested.
- For security, administrative and legal purposes.
- To update and enhance the website and the services provided.
In such cases where HiPP UK Ltd asks you for personal information, we will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent.
According to the contact details provided by yourself, we will provide the services you have requested by post, e-mail or telephone. For instance, if you do not wish us to contact you by telephone, then you do not need to give us your number.
- By registering on this website, you consent to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
- Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- If you object to the use of your personal information in any of the ways mentioned, please tell us by changing your contact preferences
- All our email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option by which you can opt out of further email contact if you so wish.
- You have the right to ask HiPP UK Ltd for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must request this in writing.The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, HiPP UK Ltd, Hurst Grove, Sandford Lane, Hurst, Reading, RG10 0SQ.
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the services you have requested, HiPP UK Ltd will store the information that you have chosen to give us. We can do this in 2 ways:
- Directly from you by your registration details.
- Indirectly from you by information from your visits to this website (see further information below about Cookies).
What are cookies?
Cookies are software applications which are placed onto the hard drive of your computer by websites. The aim of a cookie is to track a user's navigation of the website and store the information onto the user's hard drive. This information should make your website visits more productive by storing and using information on your website preferences and habits.
Your browser software can choose whether or not to accept cookies and most browser software is initially set up to accept them. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when cookies are used. This will give you an opportunity to either accept or refuse the cookies.
Further information on cookies and how you can refuse them is provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau on its website located at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the website if cookies are disabled.
Hipp4hcps.co.uk does not contain ads. However, from time to time we may engage in advertising on other websites to promote this website. The advertising partners we use may serve ads that it believes are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to this and other websites (this information is anonymous in that it does not include your name, street address, e-mail address or telephone number). In order to do this, our advertising partners may need to place a cookie on your computer. For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
Who else might see my personal information?
HiPP UK Ltd and our agents will not share your personal information with any other company.
Should HiPP UK Ltd be acquired by another company, customer information may be deemed a transferable business asset, and as such will transfer to the new owners.
HiPP UK Ltd may update this policy at any time. If we do this, it will be highlighted on the Home Page, so that you are aware of the need to check it again.